Technology Micro Business – Term 2 2017
Term fees for the Cycle 4 Technology Micro Business sessions to be run on Friday evenings from 4:45pm until 6:15pm at the Melbourne Montessori Senior School, Brighton East. Session Dates: 28th April, 5th May, 19th May, 26th May, 2nd June, 16th June, 23rd June (the 12 May & 9th June TBD).
- We'll go through the same processes and practices as a real software development team would.
- In modern software practice, team members:
- are expected to be generalists, with some specialisations (i.e. everyone gets the opportunity to learn all skills).
- are expected to pair-up and work together on tasks.
- have co-ownership of all their work products (e.g. shared code)
- share the work — including the successes as well as the challenges —, and work together to get to a successful outcome.
- all team work/ tasks are planned and estimated together.
- all team work is visible on a board, and all team members can see who is working on what at any time.
- progress of the team is also visible on a big wall chart
- Virtual Reality: possibly the Oculus Rift or Google Cardboard. We'll look at development tools and environments such as Unity.
- Mobile Web and App-based development: Creating apps that can be run from you phone or a Tablet.
- Physical Devices: Simple Devices that can be built and possibly sold that connect to a website/ your phone via WiFi or Bluetooth.
Paul Szymkowiak, Michael Kiffer
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.